Inspired by the concept of cryptocurrency, renowned independent Swiss watch brand Chronoswiss joined forces with Tech Bureau Europe to create five luxurious crypto-design watches. These extravagant models have been manufactured in a limited edition of only 101 pieces each. They are available via the Blockchainseries online shop.
November, 2018, Switzerland – Working closely with the Japanese company Tech Bureau, independent and family-run Swiss watch brand Chronoswiss has created an exclusive series of crypto-design watches based on the Flying Regulator Open Gear. These limited-edition collector’s pieces boast a high-end aesthetic. Chronoswiss is a renowned, long-established Swiss watch manufacturer steeped in tradition and famed for its high-quality standards, its authenticity and its strongly held values.
The following crypto-design watches are soon available for purchase, each in a limited edition of 101 pieces:
- Bitcoin – the currency
- NEM – the harvest
- Ethereum – the contract
- Zaif – the exchange
- COMSA – the token
These luxury timepieces have been manufactured according to highest Swiss watchmaking standards. Already seen as unrivalled in terms of aesthetics and quality, they are therefore a must for every crypto enthusiast. Their distinguishing characteristics include:
- Regulator movement with off-centre hours and seconds displays
- Skeletonized Open Gear technology that makes the regulator mechanism the central design element
- Innovative and technically integrated 3-D dial, individually designed for each edition: Logo of the respective Cryptocurrency elaborately skeletonized in the small seconds and in the logo print on the dial.
- Individual limitation number painted by hand.
- Skeletonized, red gold-plated rotor with Cryptocurrency logo which can be admired through the sapphire glass back.
- Solid stainless steel case with ultra-hard and scratch-resistant diamond-like carbon coating (5.000 Vickers).
- Exclusively manufactured by hand in the Atelier Lucerne.
“Chronoswiss was founded during the quartz crisis and spitefully developed purely mechanical watches, ever since connecting tradition and vision. Therefore, it appears natural to be curious and open minded about the future. Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology are a dazzling aspect of our future that Chronoswiss follows and supports. With its’ homage to cryptocurrencies, Chronoswiss links the roots of traditional watchmaking with the digital revolution of new world currencies.”
Oliver Ebstein, CEO Chronoswiss
Oliver Ebstein, CEO, Chronoswiss commented;
Cooperation with LuxTag blockchain platform
The details on each watch in the Chronoswiss Blockchain Series, for instance, the serial number and the warranty period, will be officially registered on the blockchain platform LuxTag. LuxTag is a service provider that uses the latest NEM blockchain platform to combat counterfeit goods and theft. It offers digitised tagging solutions for luxury goods and has specialised in meeting the particular demands of the watch and jewellery sector.
Mathias Schmid, CEO Tech Bureau Europe SA
“With Chronoswiss as our partner, we were able to successfully manifest our vision of five cryptocurrency-inspired luxury watches. Together with LuxTag and the underlying NEM technology each timepiece has been registered on the Blockchain. ”